Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, November 2, 2012

The Door That Now is Mine


I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself
Maya Angelou


When I was five, home was a hotel in Naples Italy

When I was seven, home was a house in Maryland

When I was twelve home was.....well...you get the idea
Over the years nothing has changed
I seem to be all over the map...literally

Now, once again, home will be someplace new

But this is different...because this home is one that those before me
lived for forty years

How do you pack up all those memories?
Where are there boxes big enough to store all those years of living?

I do not want to be there when they lock the door for the last time.
But I promise to care for the dreams they left behind
 that door that is now mine
and that's poetiquejustis
I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8