Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, May 18, 2013

Straight Shootin'

Change is the law of life
John F Kennedy

It was a bright summer morning in Maryland


I was six years old and heady with the new freedom 
of being able to ride my bike in front of the house on the sidewalk


A big truck pulled up and my mom started to bring out old clothes and books to donate


Looked good to me- until I saw it!

My cowgirl costume!

The one I had worn to chase down "bad guys" with my faithful broomstick horse!

And even worn on the Pick Temple Kids Show!

I leaped at the truck and rescued my cowgirl clothes
and giving my mother a cold look (as only a 6 year old can)
I stalked in to the house holding my cowgirl outfit close.
So what if it didn't fit any more?

You never know when the past will catch up with you

and I wanted to be dressed for the occasion

and that's poetiquejustis
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
Ephesians 6:1