Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, July 19, 2014

From Start to Finish

The way of the sage is to act
but not to compete
Lao-Tzu


I won my first spelling bee

 in First Grade

I won my first poetry competition
in 6th grade

In other words...
I got competition in to my blood pretty early


But then I grew up

And realized that competing in life


Meant running someone else's race
For a prize of their choosing
 Just to make sure
that other people lose


Now, where's the fun in that?
I bet I can get where I want to go
without worrying if you get their first!
and that's poetiquejustis
Let everyone be sure that he is doing his very best, for then he will have the personal satisfaction of work well done and won’t need to compare himself with someone else. 
Galatians 6:4