Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, June 5, 2015

A Blanket Defense

It all started in Italy
as most good stories do
I was barely beyond toddler years 
and traveling with my parents through Europe
It was there that a housemaid, oblivious to not only international relations
but to my deep dependency to a familiar object in this strange place
Threw out my baby blanket - the one that had been permanently attached to my hand since birth
I did not take this well

The sense of loss was so deep- so tearing- that only another four year old
who had suffered such a loss could fully understand
 yea...that's right....a little empathy here, please....
Perhaps that is why when I hold something dear, I will never let go
and why I am fiercely loyal, and a tad obsessive
I am blaming it all on the loss of my baby blanket
and that's poetiquejustis
I Corinthians 7:31. 
 Those who use the things in this world should do so but not depend on them. 
 It is clear that this world in its present form is passing away.