Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, February 2, 2019

The Art of the Lost

I am for the art of things lost
Claes Oldenberg


Recently, when we bought a house


We were able to rescue family mementos from a storage unit
And bring them home.

So many things that would mean absolutely nothing to anyone else
And yet are the bits and pieces that tie our life together


One such as this is a battered and love-worn teddy
 I got for my 6th Christmas
The bear is a testimony to survival-mine and the bear's

Across the miles and across the years
we both may look a little travel weary 

But, to quote the great songwriter Stepen Sondheim:

"Good times and bum times
I've seen 'em all 
and my dear
I'm still here!"
and that's poetiquejustis
 Remember the days of old; consider the generations long past. Ask your father and he will tell you, your elders, and they will explain to you.
Deuteronomy 32:7