Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, January 2, 2023

Plan to Do and Do the Plan!

 

Our main business is not to see
what lies dimly at a distance
but to do what lies 
clearly at hand
Thomas Carlyle 


I was talking with an executive
who is involved in
yet more rounds of planning sessions
at his manufacturing company




He sighed and said
"we plan and we plan
but we never do".


Planning is good


But eventually, you have to get out on the field
and run some plays
                                I have a friend who actually calls his planning guide his "playbook"

Let me put it this way:
You can plan the menu for the next week

but if if someone does not get into the kitchen



no one eats tonight

It seems we can be so busy
trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel

That we forget to 
use the light
we have
To do the things that need to be done

today
And doing the things 
that need to be done today
is a plan!
and that's poetiquejustis
Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, 
but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty. 
Proverbs 21:5