Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, August 20, 2023

As You See It

 


Saul Bellow's said
What is art but a way of seeing
 Yes-
and who are others but how you see them?
 To see the good*
To hear the melody **
To taste the sweetness ***
To feel the power****
of love
Life becomes art
when people care
about other people
especially those who other people
would rather not see.
Can you see that?
and that's poetiquejustis
I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.’
“Then they  are going to say, ‘Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?’ Then the King will say, ‘I’m telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.’
 Mathew 25

*     Father Greg Boyle:  Homeboy Industries- jobs not jail
**   Lincoln County Inmates Choir
*** Homeboy Bakery: Jobs not jail
**** The Bard Prison Initiative  Woodbourne Correctional Institute College