Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, April 12, 2024

Opportunity


 
William Butler Yeats said:
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams"
William Butler Yeats
 
Are we over it yet?
Are we over the idea that those who are poor are lazy?
Are over it yet-that the homeless want to be homeless?
Are we over the idea that those out of work do not want a job?
Are we ?
I sure hope so, because those who are poor, unemployed and homeless are not the enemy-
they are our fellow countrymen and women

I have spread my dreams under your feet; 
"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich."
John F Kennedy
                                         
                                     and that's poetiquejustis

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
I was a stranger and you invited me in,
Matthew 25:35