Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, January 1, 2015

I Wish I Could Say the Same

I have never been hurt
by something I did not say


Ah...  I wish I could say the same
But I cannot


The 'thanks yous' forgotten


The 'I love yous' left unsaid


The 'well dones' left silent


All of these have hurt me 
All of these have diminished me


But no more!
Never again 
will I be hurt
by things I did not say!

Frederick William Faber said:
Kind words produce much happiness,
How often have we ourselves been made happy by kind words,
in a manner and to an extent which we are unable to explain.

That is so true in my life
and I know in yours as well

and that's poetiquejustis

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, 
sweetness to the soul and health to the body. 
Proverbs 16:24