Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Brush It Off!

To affect the quality of the day
That is the highest of the arts
Henry David Thoreau
I envy my grandkids
 I hand them a drawing pad, or a clean art canvas
And without out thought or pretense they fill it
With life, and color, and glee
They do the same thing with every day they are given
Me?
I stare at the blank canvas
and ponder
and ponder
so cautious...so concerned about how it will look....
and often put it all away without a mark
 happy that I have not made a mess of it!
Sadly, that is a cautionary tale for life as well
Thoreau said that the world is but a canvas to our imagination
Why take a day- a perfectly good "canvas" of time
and simply try to get through it
without making any mistakes?
Today is a new day
a new canvas!
I too can fill this day with life, and color and glee!
Imagine that!
and that's poetiquejustis
This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24