Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, June 9, 2018

The Next Wave

"Everything about him was old except his eyes 
and they were the same color as the sea 
and were cheerful and undefeated"
E. Hemingway
The Old Man and the Sea
Walking along the beach
and I saw a very old man leaning on his cane
watching the young guys surfing
He was still- very still
and the morning breeze seemed to simply  move around him
so as not to disturb his thoughts
Was he seeing the waves he had caught,
or those he had missed?
The things that he had accomplished
or those he had left undone?
Or was he looking beyond the horizon 
for the next wave of his life-
young once more?
I could not help but wonder
and that's poetiquejustis 
"And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions"
Joel 2:28