Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Scales and Measures

Beware, so long as you live, of judging men by their outward appearance.
Jean De La Fontaine
 
I live in Orange County where size is everything
Houses and watches have to be big
 
Bodies and iPads have to be thin
 
Texts have to be brief
 
And salaries have to be 6 figures
 
Sizing it all up...... Unless there is depth to
 our thoughts,
 our love
 and our compassion
                                                     we all come up short
                                                  and that's poetiquejustis
 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
Matthew 6:25