Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, September 17, 2020

The Magic of Reality

 You have to choose the voice you are going to trust.

You can't listen to everyone.

Alice Hoffman



The Cuban novelist Alejo Carpentier called it "Magic Realism"

 It is the insertion of fantasy within realistic situations.

Great literary tool

 Not so great for navigating a crisis


 

Woody Allen said:


 

"I was not into reality until I realized it was the only place 

you could get a decent steak."

Reality-

that is the only realistic option

and that's poetiquejustis 

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 

Philippians 4:8