Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, June 20, 2014

One Morning in My Garden

Real generosity to the future 
is giving all to what is present
Albert Camus

The other day, I was bustling from one end of my garden to other
(yes- bustling- that is the only word for it)



Behind me- talking a mile a minute and trying to keep up
was my seven year old granddaughter


I heard snippets of her chatter

Smiled a grandmotherly smile on appropriate occassions
and eventually 

came to my senses!

I am her grandma!
I am supposed to be hanging on her every word

What was I doing bustling (yes- that is the word)
When this moment with her would never come again.


We stopped

We planted marigolds
We watched the birds in the birdbath

Too soon, it was time for her to go

and I went back to bustling

but just until she returns
because when someone is with you

now is all you have to give
and that's poetiquejustis
I have showed you all things, how that so laboring you ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Acts 20:35