Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, September 19, 2014

Weeding Out the Things You Love

 
Weeds are flowers too
once you get to know them
A A Milne 

I had a dog show up at my door once



She had the personality of a cucumber
And manners that did not speak well of her early upbringing



She tore up paper



Slept where she was not supposed to

And generally was a nuisance


If she had been a flower


She would have been a weed

but I like weeds


And that was 14 years ago


And that "weed" has seen me through good times and bad

and I would not trade her for all the bouquets of dogs

in the world
Ella Wilcox said:
A weed is but an unloved flower
Weeds come in all shapes and sizes
People, places


 or puppies
Go...love a weed
You will never regret it.
 
and that's poetiquejustis
"Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."
Luke 12:27