Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, December 2, 2014

QUIET!!!!

He had the gift of quiet
John LeCarre


There are some people
who would turn down tickets to the symphony

to listen to the sound of their own voice
(and yet rarely return a call)
Do you know anyone like that?

me too


They do not speak as much as they

pontificate

Met anyone like that?

Me too



Around them there is always an air


of disquiet

(Warning: here is where I get snarky because these people make me nuts)

they get most of their exercise from dropping names

and dragging around their


For aerobics, they chase the spotlight around the room

Sound like someone you want to know?
Me either

but you....you have
the gift of quiet
and that's everything
and that's poetiquejustis

Better is a handful of quietness than two hands full
of toiling and striving after the wind
Ecclesiastes 4:6