Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, May 13, 2017

Cowgirls Rule!

Change is the law of life
John F Kennedy

It was a bright summer morning in Maryland


I was six years old and heady with the new freedom 
of being able to ride my bike in front of the house
I was involved in this adventure

When  a truck pulled up

and my mom started to bring out old clothes and books to donate
Looked good to me- until I saw it!

My cowgirl costume!

The one I had worn to chase down "bad guys" with my faithful broomstick horse!

And even worn on the Pick Temple Western Kids Show!
NO!

I  rescued my cowgirl clothes
and gave my mother a "how could you" look (as only a 6 year old can)

So what if it didn't fit any more?
I believed in change as much as the next person
But you never know what's up ahead-

and I wanted  to be dressed for the occasion!

and that's poetiquejustis
Put on the full armor of God, 
so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
Ephesians 6:1