Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, May 19, 2017

To Make It All Rhyme

To a poet, nothing is useless
Samuel Johnson
I save things- too many things some would say
A bit of ribbon that ornamented a gift from my kids...
A dried rose from our garden
The puppy collar that belonged to our Labrador Retriever-
gone now these many years
They all make up a pattern
A mosaic
Leonard Cohen said: ring the bells that can be rung
And these bits and pieces are the bell pulls of my heart
I do so love to hear them rhyme and chime!
They are the verses of my poem-
The lyrics to my melody
called Life
and that's poetiquejustis
Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8