Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, December 21, 2017

Threads of Thought

 Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern; it will come out a rose by and by.
Life is like that - one stitch at a time taken patiently and the pattern will come out all right like the embroidery.  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
 
I love doing needlework
The feel of the thread
The sound of the needle as it passes through the fabric
The picture that emerges from the rainbow tucked away in my sewing box
Of course, there are times when
 I miss the mark and I have to rip out stitches 
with the same patience with which I put them in 
                                    Other times my needle seems to fly across the fabric 
     Of course, Mr. Holmes was correct- 
life is much the same
 The fabric of your life....the threads of your relationships....the pattern that you choose.
Somewhere in there is you
and that's poetiquejustis

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future
Jeremiah 29:11