Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, December 31, 2017

A Hill Far Away

I have had some lovely, extraordinary experiences
on New Year's Eve
Debby Harry
When our Labrador Retriever Morgan was still with us
and we lived in the hills of Southern California
She and I would leave the house at dusk on New Year's Eve
And walk the hills
We listened to the silence and said good bye 
to the good and bad of the year before
It was a fine way to see the old year out
and the new year in
Morgan is no longer with us
I live by the sea now
and those hills are many miles away
But tonight at dusk I will find a hill to walk
and remember....and forget....and 
wish you all the very happiest of New Years
That just seems like the right thing to do
And that's poetiquejustis
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven
Ecclesiastes 3:1