Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Blessings of the Blank Mind

What happens to me when I'm provoked is that I get tongue-tied and my mind goes blank.
Kathleen in You've Got Mail 

Ah... how I envy Kathleen
Blessedly at  a loss for words!
When I am provoked, my mind fills up
like a lagoon at high tide,
 leaving only little islands of higher ground to which I wish I would flee!
When am I going to get it?
If someone throws a line
and you take the bait
 you are cooked!
But let it go by...maybe even throw in a kind word
and you both live to swim another day
and that's poetiquejustis
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
1 Corinthians 13:5