Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, May 24, 2018

Unleashed

You will often meet with characters in nature so extravagant
that a discrete poet would not venture 
to set them upon the stage.
Lord Chesterfield
 I am a professor, so I meet extravagant characters all the time

The fellow professor who wants nothing more than to help others learn
or else...
 The student who wants to try their wings
but doesn't quite know yet which way is up
The artist lost in their work

The poet lost in their words

The writer of the Great American Novel...
who may just be losing it

The scientist who has lost it so that the rest of us can find it

They all stroll through academia
A breed unto themselves
And we are all better off for it
and that's poetiquejustis
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; 
teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning. 
Proverbs 9:9