Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Again and A Gain- To My Father

"History repeats itself in such a cunning disguise that we never detect the resemblance until the damage is done." Sydney J. Harris, Journalist 

 History

My dad had a habit of pronouncing "again" as "a gain".

I never asked him why

But as usual, in retrospect, I have learned from him.

The prefix "a" means "without"

So if you take the word at face value it means "without gain".

But never for my dad.

 He believed in 'again and a gain".
The  next time was always better
It was always "a gain"

The next step was always ahead


The next thought was always deeper
 It was what made him so vital to the early space programs and the military as a scientist

and as a professor, what kept him pulling and pushing students
over the academic finish line.

This week, we will be celebrating Father's Day.

  Once again, Dad here's to you and all that I gained by being your daughter. 


The righteous person lives a life of integrity;
    happy are his children who follow him!
Proverbs 20:7