Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, June 6, 2020

In Memory of My Brother Frank

Image result for brainy quote good man


For many years now I have  written a daily blog


about things


about people


about time

Today

I want to use this moment to say good-bye 
to my brother

Frank J Martorano, MD

His real name was Francis but he hated that
He hated it even more when we were kids and I called him
Franny


What can I tell you about him?
He was John Denver with a stethoscope
He still played Kingston Trio songs when people did not remember who they were


He rocked boogy-woogy on the piano

and played a mean ukulele
Simple Ukulele No Outline Icons PNG - Free PNG and Icons Downloads
(that if I remember correctly he learned for the sole purpose of meeting girls at our pool club)

He flew planes, he hiked mountains, he rode horses.
He loved Hawaii
and chose to have a second home not on Maui- but Molokai
That was Frank. He liked keeping things real.

He really was one of those guys who never met a stranger
He saved the lives of babies that others thought could not be saved.

He loved the Rockies where he lived 

and anything that floated.

He was in the Navy as a young man

but that was not his calling.

Frank was a dad, a husband, a horseman, an uncle, and a friend to many.
He was my brother.

He died from cancer this week

I miss him
Many people miss him

and in his leaving us
there is no poetiquejustis