Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, February 11, 2013

Plucky!!

A pound of pluck is worth a ton of luck
James Garfield


Plucky


There is a word you don't hear much any more
 Not over the top dare-devil stuff
Or even the things you get a medal



In fact, plucky seems to have been plucked from the lexicon of life
unless you happen to be an pixar-ed miss who seems to have some relationship issues

But I digress
I mean, you never hear  "I say, old boy, that was a good show of pluck"

At least not outside of a P G Wodehouse revival.

Pity

Because I know lots of people with pluck

Moms and Dads who work all day and then show up for the kid's soccer

That takes pluck!

Facing off gas prices over $4 a gallon and still making ends meet
That takes pluck!

Imaging life can be better

Dreams can be realized

and love can be real and last

that takes pluck

and you, my friend, 
are what they call
plucky
and that's poetiquejustis
And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid,
 help the weak, be patient with everyone.
I Thessalonian 5:14