Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bookends

Old friends....sat on the park bench like bookends....
Simon and Garfunkel
I had lunch with some ladies today that I have known for almost 30 years

I would not call them old....because I want to live to see tomorrow....
But they are old friends

Old friends- no matter what your age
Someone to lean on
What a blessing
People who knew you when you were....
Who have walked the path you walked and have seen you fall and get up again

Who know the victories and losses, the dreams realized and the dreams shattered

 Or the ones just willing to dream with you

Having old friends means you have to get older
In fact- they are the bonus of aging!
My friends certainly are
and that's poetiquejustis
One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
 but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24