Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, April 10, 2015

Let's Iron This Out

And when is there time to remember, to sift, 
to weigh, to estimate, to total?
Tillie Olsen
from I stand here ironing


I did something very out of character a few weeks ago

I set up an ironing board

If people knew the therapy of chasing a wrinkle across a linen napkin
My dear psychologist friends would be out of business
Ironing is my new yoga!

It gives me time to blow off steam
To see things in a different light
to maybe even do a little wishing
Meryl Streep said you can't get spoiled if you do your own ironing.
 No...but you can sure get a lot of thinking done.

and that's poetiquejustis

Colossians 3:23-24 “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.”