Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Neglected no more

Don't let ideas die of neglect
Harold P McAlinden



We lived in an apartment for a while
where many people moved in and out around us.



They always left things behind

Abandoned furniture


Abandoned  dreams



Abandoned plants



The furniture usually got claimed by some needy twenty- somethings
looking to have some place to sit and eat in a rental
 they could barely afford



The dreams were probably taken over by the next tenant- 

I never heard.


Me- I got the plants

One I remember particularly well-
a scrawny stick that had not been watered in days


When we moved out, it went with us

it is now a 6 foot tree in our backyard

I find my old ideas like that some time
Abandoned in a journal

or in   the back of my heart


I think it is time to start watering them again-

Give them a little sunshine

And watch them grow.
That's where you will find me
and that's poetiquejustis
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, 
ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
John 15:7