Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, June 21, 2016

A Little Late for Father's Day...but just in time for summer

The fragrance of the grass speaks to me
and my heart soars
Chief Dan George
I live in California now, so spring turning to summer does not mean quite what it did back East
It pretty much always looks this way out here.
I am not complaining but...
Back East, the coming of Spring meant something
Like going barefoot
Buttercups and dandelions
And my dad mowing the grass
I still cannot smell newly mowed grass without thinking of him with his old U S Navy ball cap
and a look of complete concentration as he made those rows perfect
My Dad was a renowned scientist, but this was where he put his heart -
in to his home and to his yard and in to his family.
Because we were a military family, we moved often
But Dad always made our yard special
Walt Whitman said:
I believe a leaf of grass is no less then the journey work of the stars
Dad agreed
and so do I.
Go! 
Celebrate summer!
Plant something and help it grow.
and that's poetiquejustis
The life of mortals is like grass, they flourish like a flower of the field
Psalm 103:15