Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, January 12, 2017

Care for A Cuppa?

Great is he who uses earthenware
as if it were silver
Seneca


I have an old teapot that I picked up at a discount store

It does not share the pedigree of some of the fine pieces 
in our china closet


But it makes me smile

It sat on my desk and poured me tea
through some long thankless days at work


And some long nights when the kids were sick
or the world seemed cold

And it still does- quietly prompting me 
to write the next word

 or dream the next dream.
A simple pleasure
And like most of the good things and people in life
They are there 
if you just learn appreciate them
for who they are
and that's poetiquejustis
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 
Matthew 6:21