Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, November 5, 2021

Finding Peace

 

Until he extends his circle of compassion to all living things
man himself will not find peace. Albert Schweitzer

The short list?
I have a friend in Costa Rica who takes in injured squirrels

 

 And another who is making sure that the homeless in our town all get a Christmas stockings


There are those I know who work tirelessly 
to provide medical care and to fund research for sick kids

And I have friends who provide a safe haven for at risk kids
to get them off the streets
And there are more.... people who are quietly changing lives.
The common thread?

 Arthur Schopenhauer said
Compassion is the basis of morality


Sure looks that way from where I sit
and that's poetiquejustis

Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we’d better get on with it.
Hebrews 12:1