Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, November 11, 2021

That Thing

art by Brian Rea
"There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain comedy and tragedy
humor and hurt." Erma Bombeck

I have some friends I get together with rarely enough

that all the news is new

There are hugs and greetings and "glad to see yas"

And there are laughs


Lots of laughs

And- every once in a while -there slips in beneath the laughs

"a thing"


Something hard that is going on

and we close ranks just to listen

After- when we go back to laughing
we realize 
We are a little freer and yet a little closer than we were before.
and that's poetiquejustis

A sweet friendship refreshes the souls
Proverbs 27:9