Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Bee and Me and Destiny


It's wonderful to me that bees have this simple, age-old thing going on.
Peter Fonda


It was dawn, and I was walking across a footbridge to a park near our home


It was empty and quiet

But soon, hundreds of feet would tread unthinkingly across this path


So when I saw the bee on the ground, I had to stop
Not moving,


It was sitting there perhaps perplexed that it could not fly

Perhaps resigned

I do not know much about bees, so I cannot say.

I do know that I could not leave him to be trampled

I pulled my driver's license from my wallet and scooped him
 Intent on getting him to the park and the flowers.

What happened next I will never forget

He clung to the front of my card staring straight ahead as we hustled along

Like my navigator, he never took his eyes off the road ahead


Was he remembering flights through the warm summer air?


When we found a flowerbed, I lowered him on to a begonia leaf and said good - bye



I cannot be sure, but I think he smiled at me

As I said, I do not know that much about bees

But I know I smiled...and I wished it was as easy to make people safe

And that's poetiquejustis