Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, October 9, 2012

From the rising of the sun

The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.
Pamela Hansford Johnson
It was the sunsets that drew me to our new hometown of San Clemente
Not just that they are beautiful- although they are


But the fact that people stop to watch them
They have the time
to show some respect for this wonderful piece of art
that happens every day

it calls something to mind for me

I was raised in the military, and when the flag was lowered at the end of day

Young and old

In uniform or not, we stopped where we were and turned our attention and our respect to the lowering of the flag


We believed that in the morning, it would rise again over our country and we seemed to making a promise that we would see the land safely through the night



Why doesn't anyone do that anymore?
Just wondering...I mean with all the verbal "flag waving" that goes on,


 why no one has the few minutes it takes to stop and see the Colors lowered at the end of day
People are in such a hurry!
I wonder if they may be missing the point
The very things that we try so hard to hang on to- 

Are the very things we leave behind

In my hometown
  we still stop to watch the sun take its leave 

and that's poetiquejustis
From the rising of the sun to its setting The name of the LORD is to be praised.
Psalm 113:3