Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, October 15, 2012

Turn, Turn, Turn

I see nothing in space as promising as the view from a Ferris wheel.
E B White
 

I recently heard that there is quite a race going on to build the world's tallest Ferris Wheel
 

The dueling diameters are in New York and Las Vegas


The suggested price tag for a ride  $25

When I was in high school, every spring the little parish of St Mary's in East Islip, New York

would have a carnival

and in the heart of the midway, there was a Ferris Wheel.

Cost to ride? twenty-five cents
 
Memories that were made?
Priceless
 

From those lofty heights, peaking out from behind our cotton candy
 

We saw our future, 
 
 
we saw our possibilities

And some of us even fell in love

So, Go on Staten Island and Las Vegas

Build your Ferris Wheels in the clouds

But you will never see as far as we did on those long ago springtime nights

and that's poetiquejustis
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecclesiastes 3:1