Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, February 6, 2014

Patience Unleashed

Endurance is patience concentrated
Thomas Carlyle
It has been a busy day around my desk


Phone calls, emails, meetings


The usual

And through it all


My dog has been looking out the window


An occasional sigh slipping out
but never losing her patience
you see
I keep promising a walk
But I keep getting busy
 and the leash remains in the closet

All day...she waited
and waited
and waited

And still gave me a friendly wag when I looked her way

I learned a lot from her today

When the phone would not stop ringing
and the emails kept buzzing
and the meetings never seemed to end

I would look at her
waiting....just waiting....
and I learned to have
just a little more


.
So, if you'll excuse me
I have an appointment
with a paragon of patience

and my very good friend
and that's poetiquejustis

But let patience have her perfect work, 
that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
James 1:4