Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, February 24, 2014

What Are You Saving?








A crust taken in peace
is better than a banquet
eaten in anxiety
Aesop


There is a scripture that says
"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life"


How counter-intuitive 
to what we consider 
a successful life!


What if you counted your fortune
in the currency of peaceful moments

rather than in dollars?


How rich would you be?

It may be time to check 
that balance sheet

and that's poetiquejustis 

Said the Robin to the Sparrow:

"I should really like to know

Why these anxious human beings

Rush about and worry so."

Said the Sparrow to the Robin:

"Friend, I think that it must be

That they have no heavenly Father

Such as cares for you and me."

Elizabeth Cheney, 1859