Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Cocoons

A cocoon is effective only as a means of change
Kathleen Norris in Acedia and Me




I am very capable of cocooning away

Climbing within the pages of a book and pulling up  the covers



Diving in to a well of ink and holding my breath until the sky turns blue



Immersing myself in paints and fabrics and things that go splash on a canvas



For hours or days or weeks



But eventually, the world calls
and I remember there is a purpose to life
and a world that could use another hand

here and there
 
And I emerge
and it feels good
Because deep down
we all want to fly
and that's poetiquejustis

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.
Hebrews 13:16