Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, September 14, 2017

Wanted

We give what we can and what we have
Alexandra Stoddard


I keep a picture on my desk


Of family members who came through Ellis Island 
in the early 20th century


They left a lot behind on their little Italian Isle to come here


Entering a strange new world that did not always welcome them


But eventually, they found jobs


And we had a home in the United States
A place to begin to become who we are today
Doctors, professors, business people, technology experts,
actors and artists 
to name a few of us...


Each morning, I look at those expectant faces in that picture asking:
"We got you here- now what are you going to do today 
to make the world a better place?"

Good question! 
And I will keep working on that answer. 
and that's poetiquejustis 

"You must not mistreat or oppress foreigners in any way. Remember, you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt.
Exodus 22:21