Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, September 10, 2017

What Fuels the Heart Fuels the Art

In order to make art, we must first make an artful life
a life rich and diverse enough to give us fuel
Julia Cameron
My office at work was rather Zen- the closest thing to anything personal is my coffee cup
and even that was provided by the University
The austerity kept my mind from wandering from the tasks at hand
These days, I work from home
ane
Austerity be banned!
It is a museum of my past
It is who  I was and still am
and who I am and will become
There are books and paintings and even toys from my childhood
and the window that lets in the sound of the trains 
and the sea
There is color in every corner and whimsy in every inch
These things are my muses
My prompts
Beatrix Potter is quoted to have said:
"Thank goodness I was never sent to school; 
it would have rubbed off some of the originality"
Where is your place in the world where you can be original?
Because you know, you must have a place where the "I" an see
and that's poetiquejustis
 And he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, with intelligence,
 with knowledge, and with all craftsmanship, to devise artistic designs, 
to work in gold and silver and bronze, Exodus 35:31-32