Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, February 13, 2012

Sly and Retiring


I figure the faster I pedal, the faster I can retire.
Lance Armstrong

I always am amused when someone asks me if I am retired

I work about 60 hours a week, but I usually say "yes"

Because I am. Oh, I still go to "work" each day.
I teach, I write, I do all the things I am paid to do
But I retried long ago....
I retired from the (rat) race
I am looking beyond the walls of the office


and the appointments in my book

Beyond the ledger

Beyond the paycheck

Beyond the promotion
Retired? 
No....
I have just set my sights much higher
Robert Half said "many start their retirement long before they stop working". 
That would be me,
I am still in the game

I just stacked the deck to make life my work
rather than work my life
and that's poetiquejustis
"For promotion comes neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge. Psalm 75:6