Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Castle of Your Own


You make kingdoms and castles of your own
Stephan Jenkins
The ride to the beach always seemed to take forever,
although it could not have been more than 30 minutes
I would clutch the pail and shovel,
 reveling in the smell of Coppertone my mom had already doused me in 

I was ready
I was prepared
I was going to build a sandcastle that would make the beach-goers murmur in awe
We would finally arrive and lug the chairs, baskets, blankets, cooler and the other beach necessities
down to the water's edge
Mom would finally nod and say "Go...have fun!"
And I would grab my pail and shovel and head for a vacant piece of sand- 
my real estate
The future home of my castle!
There was something I always forgot though.
I did not know how to build a sandcastle- at least not one that would make people ooo and ahh
nope..not a chance
I could do the dump the bucket variety ...big deal...
But there was one castle that usually turned out pretty well-
the dribble castle- and that was my fallback
That splendid granular edifice  made of the dribs and drabs that oozed through your fingers
And I think it still is my fall back position!
I still do not seem to be able to build big castles in life that make people oo and ah
But we can all produce a darn good dribble castle with what we've  got
and that's poetiquejustis
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. 
Romans 12:6