Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, December 10, 2015

Many things- but never a yawn


Cherish forever what makes you unique, 
                              'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes.
Bette Midler
My father always advised me to blend in
You know... wear black and stay close to the ground
He was constantly frustrated with my inability to follow his advice
When I was a teenager, 
I sang in bands

Spoke my mind 
And did my share of rabble rousing

There were parts of me 
that were just 
me
and they needed to get out and get some air
The nuns called me an "instigator"
and prayed for me
 I appreciated the prayers,
But I saw myself more as a voice
for freedom of expression
 
 
Some things never change
So here I am
and so are you
Not a yawn
and every inch the bright bits and pieces 
we have put together over the years
many things...
but never a yawn
and that's poetiquejustis
Psalm 139:4
I am fearfully and wonderfully made