Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, April 3, 2016

Checkmate

I play the board, not the man.
From "The Eight"...a novel about Chess

Learning who the competition is
Figuring out who the players are


Learning your way around the board
It is knowing your game

                                                   Kobe Bryan said:
                   These young guys are playing checkers. 
                           I'm out there playing chess. 

Love your game, Kobe
but

                                                  What matters is  
         Being out "there" playing.
and remembering
 You are your own competition
and that's poetiquejustis

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2