Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, April 24, 2016

It Had to be You

The thing that is really hard, and really amazing,
 is giving up on being perfect 
and beginning the work of becoming yourself.
Anne Quindelin
 
Being a kid is hard
Every day, someone is judging
Assessing
Or watching you
And we never seem to get over that, do we?
We try to be perfect
Whose idea was that anyhow???
Well, I say we go back to the drawing board with that idea
Because the fact is
You will only be a shadow of you 
and
never perfect
Until you are the imperfectly perfect you
you were always meant to be
 and that's poetiquejustis
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:14