Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A Storied Life

Tell them stories.
Phillip Pullman

I wish I knew more about my grandmother's life
as a little girl in Italy

Did she walk along the beach

or take a little boat out at sunrise?


Did she dream of places far away?
What did she feel when the day came for her to leave her Island?
Or the day she arrived in the United States?
Was there family to meet her?

Or was she a face in a crowd, all alone?
Was she following a dream?

Sadly, I never asked her.

so I will never know.
So I will remember to tell my story
to my grandkids

even if they never ask me 
because someday, they will want to know. 
And someone will want to know yours as well.
  and that's poetiquejustis

“Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.”
Luke 8:39