Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, March 3, 2017

Fair Winds

A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are made for
John A Shedd
I live in  a seaside village and many things here inspire me
But none more than the sight of a tiny speck of a sailboat far out toward the horizon
While others just rock and sway in the harbor
I ask myself- "so, what's it going to be, sailor?
You choose.   
Tied safe in the harbor
Or grabbing the compass and seeing what there is to see in life?"
I made my choice!


Now, how about you?
 and that's poetiquejustis
This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you
that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
 Now choose life, so that you and your children may live
Deuteronomy 30:19