Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Way Above Average

The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is.
Charles M Schwab


Not Your


Several years ago, I had the privilege of teaching kids that had been dismissed from traditional schools (aka: kicked out)

They were not bad kids- 
just non-conforming kids

Our little school was in my home

As we had no gym,
 we would take long walks for PE

On one of these walks, the kids found a tiny baby rat that had fallen out of a tree

They brought it home
They fed it
They played with it

It was the school mascot until the day they knew
It was time to set him free

It seemed fitting- these kids that schools did not  want
Were caring for a less than average mascot-
But then again,
They were far from average kids....
And I will always love them for that
And that’s poetiquejustis