Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, December 5, 2011

A Whole Stack of Memories



 A whole stack of memories never equal one little hope.  
Charles M Sculz

Eighteen months ago, I stood in my driveway 
and watched a big truck pull away with my memories


We were moving back home to Orange County and for a while our digs would be much smaller

Very cool city digs, 

but much smaller

So varied and sundry pieces of who I am were carefully wrapped in paper and popcorn
and sent to
storage 
Even our piano went to live with a friend

antiques that were handed down to us

pictures that the kids painted preserved as carefully as a Rembrandt
even the family china

Much loved books

and some serious junk that I cannot seem to part with
All to storage

They are safe, I know, but at this time of the year, 
I miss the special pieces of our home


in my mind's eye

they are sighing and sad-
Children left at boarding school for yet another holiday


They will be rescued very soon and the reunion will be grand

But for now, I pretend, and my mind wanders from room 

Polishing this and turning the pages of that 



Still loving today and what I have

and looking toward tomorrow and all that will be




and that's poetiquejustis
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus
Philippians 3:14