Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, June 16, 2012

Wash Day

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Pablo Picasso


 My soul got rather dusty this week



The color scrubbed away by computer screens


and meetings 



and   clocks that crept at alarming speed towards deadlines


Yes....my soul got rather dusty this week


but it is Saturday

and Lyndon B Johnson said:
"Every man has the right to a Saturday night bath"

           Really! He said that.

So I am exercising my right to a Saturday bathing of the soul



And I will only look at what is beautiful


And listen to only what is sweet to my ears


 Yes....that is my plan for this Saturday.....right after I do the laundry
and that's poetiquejustis

"......a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair."
Isaiah 61:3